- More Detail Here:
- Strata Specialists Sydney
Buying a home is not only an exciting event, but an expensive one as well. You may have allocated funds over the years for this investment, which is why you want to make it the best buy you ever did.
The excitement of owning a home can soon turn into a nightmare if you find that your newly bought home has come with defects that you didn’t even know existed when you first saw the house. Defects on a newly bought house could mean a lot of expenses and hassle, irrespective of whether you have bought a brand-new house or a lived in one. This is why it is so important to do a pre-purchase home inspection in Sydney before making that final decision.
These building inspections in Sydney are carried out by certified professionals who are experts in the building industry and certified to carry out inspections such as these. They will check every possible detail of the house, and their expert eye will notice so many things that aren’t apparent to regular people like you and I. Once the inspection is over you will receive a comprehensive report from the inspector, so that you can make an informed decision about your intended purchase. Furthermore, they can even give you advice on how to handle certain defect rectifications and repairs, if they are minor ones. Minor repairs of course are not an issue, but it is the major repairs and those that are not easily visible that are a headache for new buyers, such as structural problems, electrical issues and plumbing issues.
Why is it important to get a professional home or building inspection in Sydney prior to buying a property? Here’s why.
- Peace of mind – You can have peace of mind that the house you are buying is actually structurally sound, or that you have avoided a huge expense and a problem if there are major defects detected during the inspection. There is also the safety issue, because a house that is not soundly constructed could collapse at any time causing a safety hazard for your family. That is why it is important to check the structure and foundation of your intended purchase through a home inspection in Sydney.
- Cost estimate – A comprehensive report will give you a good idea regarding the expenses that could occur when trying to rectify defects. The inspectors themselves are highly experienced and can give you this information.
- Safety issues – A home is supposed to be a safe haven for you and your family, and getting a pre-purchase building inspection done will ensure that it is. Inspectors will check whether the home is free from hazardous things such as asbestos, mildew, mould and even cracks on walls. Knowing these will help you make the right decision when it comes to providing safety for your family.
- Fire hazards – Electrical wiring problems and other fire hazards will easily surface during an inspection by an experienced professional, and you can avoid wasting money on a fire trap that will pose a risk for you and your loved ones. In addition, wiring and electrical system changes can be very costly to do, and you wouldn’t want to spend additional money on things like that after investing in a new home.
- Inspect additional structures – It is not only the main house that will be subject to inspection when you get a pre-purchase home inspection done, but also the driveway, garage, patio, deck and any other additional structure as well. The inspection will show whether these additional structures are safe and will confirm if they meet with local council regulations, because if they don’t, then you may be compelled to get these structures removed at a later date, which would be a shame.
Buying a house is one of the most important decisions you will ever make, for the future of your family. Hence make sure that you secure your investment and hard earned money by getting a pre-purchase home inspection in Sydney before you make the decision. It can mean the difference between living a happy and comfortable life, and living inside a nightmare.